Virgin Media Internet Access Denied (Quick Answers)
There are a few reasons for this, but by far the most common issue is caused by the main junction box that is not housed on your property.
Basically, this happens when there is no internet coming from the wire in the box on the street to your house. If this is happening to you, then there is a big chance that it is an issue with the wiring in the box outside on the street.
This happens when the box outside is left open and the wiring is exposed to the elements, or another technician accidentally tugs on your lines or disconnects a wire by mistake.
Table of Contents
- How Do I Fix Internet Access Denied?
- How Do I Stop Virgin Blocking Websites?
- Why Is My Virgin Wifi Blocking Websites?
- How Do I Fix My Virgin Media Internet Connection?
How Do I Fix Internet Access Denied?
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do to fix this issue is call Virgin Media. They will need to send out a technician and have them check out the connection and repair it.
How Do I Stop Virgin Blocking Websites?
The easiest way to bypass ISP censorship and website blocking is to use a VPN. A VPN creates a private security tunnel between your computer and the VPNs privacy servers. From there, your internet requests are sent and received, and your ISP has no idea what sites you are visiting.
Why Is My Virgin Wifi Blocking Websites?
It is not always Virgin Media’s fault when you can’t get into a specific website. Here are the most common reasons for online resources like websites not being available.
- Your ISP (internet service provider) may be having technical difficulties. If this is the case, then you’ll need to contact them to fix the problem.
- You might also find that your computer or mobile device isn’t connected to the network. In this scenario, you can try reconnecting your devices.
- Or maybe your connection has been cut off entirely. Check another website like Google or Virgin Media and check if you can connect.
- The website might be under maintenance. This happens from time to time, so check back and see if there is a maintenance notice.
- Another thing that could be causing problems is your browser’s security settings. If you’ve got a pop-up warning telling you that a website may be dangerous, this means that it probably has an invalid security certificate. This isn’t necessarily a huge problem, but you should be aware that any data that you transmit between yourself and that site will not be encrypted.
If none of these options work, then you should call Virgin Media and start troubleshooting.
How Do I Fix My Virgin Media Internet Connection?
If you’re having issues with your Internet access, you’ll want to read our articles where we cover everything from Virgin Media wall sockets to internet issues like Virgin Media cutting out. This is a guide that explains how you can get online.
If these solutions don’t work, then you should call your ISP, Virgin Media. They will usually provide you with some advice, and they might even send someone out to help you.